Ways to guarentee that your mail gets to its destination:
- To speed processing of your letter-size mail and insure delivery accuracy, it is important to have your mail formatted properly.
- Avoid handwriting since it allows no white space between the characters, necessary for character recognition.
- Use 10-12 point type on the outgoing address. The outgoing address should be more prominent than the return address.
- Use all capital letters and no punctuation on the outgoing address. A lower case L can be seen as an upper case I or as the number one. A comma can be seen as the number nine.
- Place extraneous information above the address block. Only the City, State, Zip should be on the bottom line with the delivery address (street or PO Box) directly above.
- Eliminate blank lines between the delivery address lines. Our automated machine is looking for two to six continuous lines of address.
- Place the return address in the upper left hand corner of the envelope (top third, left half). Avoid if at all possible putting the return address on back of envelope.